My Lies Part I


My Lies Part I


1. “Call me Kimmie.”  My name is Emily; I’ve only asked you to call me Kimmie.  But sometimes I say, “My name is Kimmie.”  And yes this is a lie.

2. This is my house.  My aunt is staying with us for a while.

3. My dad is on a long trip.  (I don’t say he’s been gone for seven years.)

4. My mom is the most responsible adult I’ve ever known.  She works downtown at a bank there.  If you ask me which one, I’ll tell you a story about the big bank that just merged with hers, you know the one that’s been in the news recently?
5. I say I’ve moved a lot too.  All the cities in California turn into cities I’ve heard about in China.  The same goes for Colorado and Florida too.  Sometimes I switch China out for Japan.   A lot of people have been to Europe, but Asia is farther.

Comments

Popular Posts